Thursday, January 7, 2010

Just Speculation on Molinari

I'm no expert, but I am going out on a limb to say that I don't think many Republicans will take the news, that former Republican Representative Susan Molinari is considering running for US Senate, very seriously. She works in Virginia for Rudy Giuliani's law firm, but hasn't held elective office since the mid-90s. It was also strange that she said she would invoke the leadership of US Senator Charles Schumer in her first pitch to run for US Senate (as a Republican?).

But the weirdest things about Molinari's "testing the waters press" today is that she sent her own father, Guy Molinari, out to pimp for her candidacy. Guy, a former congressman and Susan's father was quoted saying, "All of a sudden I think, the best candidate in the entire country is my daughter." Then he bragged to Ed Cox, the GOP State Chairman, on her.

I am sure people had to read this news and wonder: just who in the world comes up with this stuff? My first thought was that maybe Molinari should run for Governor with Dede Scozzafava on her ticket for LG.

George Pataki must really not be interested in running though because it just doesn't make sense for Congressman Peter King to put himself back into the picture or for Molinari to even think about US Senate.

No comments:

Post a Comment