Friday, January 8, 2010

What Sources in Albany?

The story about Governor Paterson stepping down and running for Congressman Rangel's House seat in a special election, pushed by anonymous sources in Albany, sounds a little suspect to me. Forgive me if I sound a little cynical, but isn't Congressman Charles Rangel the guy defending Paterson? Rangel is the same guy who said that Andrew Cuomo won't primary challenge the state's first black governor because it would be a "moral decision?" In other words Rangel is lining up his base of support for Paterson and Cuomo shouldn't dare try to run against another black politician again.

This is how I see things play out. Miffed at both Rangel and Paterson, Cuomo's PR team kicks into high gear to pit his opponents against each other. But I don't think Rangel wants to give his House seat up. And if Rangel's ethics haven't caught up with him by now how could they ever in the future? And if President Obama can't push Paterson out of the race, then I have a hard time believing that these rumors can either. Get ready for a wild Democratic primary!

No comments:

Post a Comment